Colorado SBDC Job Opportunities
Job Location: Colorado SBDC Lead Center, Denver
Reports to: Colorado SBDC Project Manager
The Colorado Small Business Development Center (CSBDC) Lead Center, a division of the Colorado Governor’s Office of Economic Development & International Trade, manages the Colorado SBDC Network program. The 14 sub-center network is dedicated to helping small businesses throughout Colorado achieve their goals by providing free, one-on-one confidential counseling and various training programs. The CSBDC Network combines information and resources from federal, state and local governments with those of the educational system and the private sector to meet the specialized and complex needs of the small business community.
The CSBDC Network Intern is a person who is a team player and can assist the Project Manager and Associate State Director manage the administrative functions of the office. This includes, but is not limited to, working with the Colorado SBDC statewide network center directors and staff, writing correspondence and meeting summaries, monitoring and evaluating programs, compiling Federal reports, and coordinating meetings and events.
- Collection of small business financial and employment impact data
- Trend center and network impact data against agreed upon economic goals
- Track counseling and training hours and areas of assistance statewide
- Trend analysis of client satisfaction data over time
- Compilation of fifteen centers’ counseling and training post-service surveys to trend monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Provide general administrative support to SBDC department including data entry and other assigned tasks
Marketing/Public Relations/Communications/Special Event Planning
- Create/update marketing materials for SBDC events such as conferences
- Update SBDC information on the SBDC website
- Aid with monthly e-newsletter
This position requires a self-starter who is outgoing, enthusiastic and has a positive attitude plus good judgment. Candidates should have exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task; strong oral and written communications skills; problem solving acumen; and demonstrate personal integrity, confidence, diplomacy as well as flexibility. Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel is essential.