If you're a Colorado manufacturer or professional service provider looking to start or expand your international trade efforts, certified SBDC consultants through the Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) are ready to meet with you to provide free assistance. The Office of International Trade works to create and retain jobs by helping Colorado companies expand and diversify their markets, as well as build the state's identity as an international business center. The international staff assists companies in obtaining the information, skills, resources and contacts you need to successfully export goods and services worldwide.
- Export Consulting: Our international staff consults with Colorado companies in the areas of marketing, sales, market selection, partner selection and exporting fundamentals.
- International Market Analysis Partnership Program: This program connects eligible Colorado companies with an MBA course focused on international business at an accredited Colorado university. The semester-long program offers a free resource to Colorado companies interested in increasing their exports and provides a valuable learning process to student participants. The IMAP program is offered up to three times per academic year.
- Colorado Trade Mentor Program: The Colorado Trade Mentor Program creates an informal forum for new and growing companies to connect with seasoned business, community and academic leaders who have who have insights into exporting, importing and operating in international markets with a focus on Mexico, Japan and Canada. The experience of mentors may cover a wide range of industry sectors and vary from large corporations to small start-ups. Mentors are encouraged to support mentees by sharing first-hand experience with opportunities and challenges, provide political and economic overviews, discuss cultural difference and sensitivities and share market insight.
- Next Step Program: The Next Step Program helps qualifying Colorado companies overcome challenges to exporting their goods and/or services to prospective buyers abroad. Financial assistance is provided directly to companies to engage in client development activities with OEDIT’s support, including B2B matchmaking services, interpretation and translation of business specific conversations and/or documents, airfare to develop commercial relationships, andlodging for the Colorado company in the target market or for the potential buyer in Colorado.
- Colorado Export of Innovative and Sustainable Technologies: CO-EXist supports business exchanges between Colorado companies, government and industry leaders in China and Mexico in the targeted areas of sustainable and environmental technologies and services. Companies may apply to participate in trade shows, incoming buyer visits and outgoing trade missions, or to receive funding for client development expenses and technical assistance for Mexico and/or China.
In addition to providing free consulting and the above programs, the Office of International Trade hosts events, trade shows, foreign missions and more. For more information and/or to schedule an appointment, contact the International Trade office at 303-892-3840.